Losing A Part Of Me

Ever wanted to lose weight and tried so many different things that you finally said "the heck with this?" Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Come along for the ride and lets learn from one another as we lose a part of us.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Three Under-Rated Nutritutional Tips When Traveling

 Traveling tends to bring out the worst in some of us - when it comes to eating properly.  Especially when we are trying to lose weight or maintain where we are.  Trust me, I know how to binge and I certainly know how to "lose focus" and eat any and every thing I see.  But my friend Craig Ballantyne has wrote another good article that I want to share with you.  This can help!!!

 When you travel, you need nutrition tips for fat loss. But it isn't easy to lose fat on the road. Fortunately, these 3 under-rated but highly effective diet secrets can help you to get lean and stay lean when you travel.
The secret is to follow this #1 nutrition tip:

1 - Be accountable.

By promising you that I'm going to record my every meal, I have to make the right choices or I'll suffer embarrassment in front of thousands of people when I send out my food diary from the trip.
So you must find someone to be accountable to as well. It can be online, or it could be a friend at work or someone at the gym. All that matters is that you have someone to hold you accountable for your nutrition choices!
By the way, just keeping a food journal has been proven to increase weight loss. So even if you don't show it to anyone, holding yourself accountable will be enough to help your beat a fat loss plateau.
The next tip works really well for the final phases of dieting, or when on a business trip.

2 - Eat the same food everyday (sometimes).

Okay, I know, this doesn't sound like fun, but my friend, a world-famous New York City trainer, uses this when he has to lose the final 5-10 pounds of fat for a photoshoot.
And he is able to get super-lean by doing this.
Of course, this isn't a long-term strategy, but when you need to get "advanced results", you have to take advanced measures.
So when traveling to a business seminar, find the right choice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and eat the same thing at each meal. That will minimize the damage - or even help you lose fat while on the road.
Or if you are in the final phase of a fat loss program, stick to the meals that are the best for your fat loss and easy to prepare.
You can treat yourself when the job is done.

3 - Increase your fiber intake.

I've stolen this idea from another friend, a nutrition expert, who gave some
amazing tips on how to eat more fiber.
Fiber fills you up, helps you eat fewer calories, and may even help you eliminate extra bad calories.
Now here's a few ways for you to get more fiber in your diet:
- Blend in raw nuts with your smoothies & protein drinks
- Add vegetables to your omelet (I add broccoli, spinach, & mushrooms)
- Eat fruit between meals instead of high-calorie granola bars
- Snack on raw nuts instead of white-flour products like pretzels
(I had a pretzel addiction in high school, and now I eat almonds)
Those are simple and under-rated, yet proven ways to improve your nutrition and lose more fat at home and while you travel.
When I travel, I start my day with a high-fiber, nutrient dense blender drink, then eat some fruit, and have a big omelet with vegetables before I head to the airport after lunch. And then I stay on track so that I can tell you all about my meals, workouts, and adventures when I get back.
Just say NO to bellyfat when you travel!
Get FREE instant access to more sample fat burning workouts at: http://yamo1024.turbulence.hop.clickbank.net

Great advice.  Now lets adhere to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment